Sunday, January 11, 2015

Silence...

2 years ago I signed up on Blogger and made one post.  Then silence.  I was excited about that post.  Many people read that post.  I just finished rereading it and it was pretty good.  But then there was silence...


This seems to be the story of my life.  I get excited about a project and rarely see it through, or I have a major desire to do something and other things fill my time instead.  For some reason, 2 years ago I named this blog "A Noble Life" and now I am curious why I chose that name.  I am a person with the name Noble, but I would have to admit that I am not a very Noble person.  Silence...


I pray about this.  I spend time asking Jesus to help me to live up to my name.  Sometimes I am brave. Sometimes I am honorable.  Sometimes I look out for others instead of myself.  Sometimes... Silence...


What is your name?  What is your life like?  Do you live up to your name?  Are you fulfilling all that God has planned for you?  Have you ever encountered the silence?


I have a feeling that there is something in the silence that I have been missing.  Or, at least there is something happening that I forget to remember.  See, in the silence, in between those exciting moments and unfinished projects, there is something that is pretty sweet.  There is family.  There is my 9 year old boy, Jeremiah and my 2 year old girl, Ezra.  There is my beautiful and lovely wife, Sara.  In the silence there are numerous friends, mentors, activities, and things that are not so silent.  In fact, the silence can get pretty loud.  It screams for attention, care, and love.  


I've heard that God speaks in the silence...  Are you listening?

"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him."  Ps. 62:5

No comments:

Post a Comment